About Gajar Halwa Sunehri Style Recipe
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe: A favourite across the country, this Indian dessert Gajar Ka Halwa is a delicious blend of carrot (gajar) with milk and sugar in desi ghee that adds to the aroma and flavour. An easy recipe that is usually made in winters when the carrots are in season. This Sunehri style gajar ka halwa is Pakistani style with grated carrot and condensed milk pudding.
Ingredients Of Gajar Halwa Sunehri Style
- 1 1/2 Kg carrots
- 10 whole green cardamom
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 500 gms sugar
- 250 gms desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 400 gms condensed milk (option: mawa / khoya)
- 4 pieces gold vark
- 50 gms almonds
- 50 gms pistachios
How to Make Gajar Halwa Sunehri Style
- 1.Grate the carrot and put it in a pot on heat, stir fry continuously till all the water is evaporated.
- 2.Then put some green cardamom, cinnamon and sugar and cook for a while. Then add desi ghee and cook 5-7 minutes further.
- 3.At last, finish with condensed milk (or mawa/khoya).
- 4.Place gold vark on top for decoration.
- 5.Present on a plate and garnish with pistachios and almonds.
You can also add raisins to the garnish along with other nuts of your choice